THORNHILL, ON, Dec. 16, 2015 /CNW/ – World famous theme parks, sparkling blue shorelines and scenic golf courses are luring CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) members south this holiday season.
Top five flying destinations for 2015 holiday season:
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Varadero, Cuba
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
This is one of the busiest travel times of the year and it can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. CAA SCO recommends the followingtravel tips:
- Double check the expiration date on your passport.
- Review your airline’s policy for check in and carry-on luggage.
- Make sure you handle your own luggage.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance.
- Check in online and print your boarding passes at home prior to leaving for the airport.
- Arrive early as airports are expected to be busier than normal.
- Be prepared for long lines and delays.
Before leaving on vacation, remember to also protect your home.
- Don’t leave keys on a hook by the door. This is the first place thieves look and your car could be stolen in addition to precious household items.
- Ensure all windows and doors are closed and securely locked.
- Suspend newspaper subscriptions and ask a friend, neighbour or relative to collect your mail.
- Make sure your home looks lived in, have your driveway plowed and ask a neighbour to park in your driveway.
- Have a neighbour check your home daily to ensure your furnace is working so your water pipes don’t freeze and flood your house.
- Use motion detector lights outdoors and light switch timers indoors.
- Invest in a home alarm system.
- Don’t broadcast your travel plans on social media.
For over a hundred years, CAA has been helping Canadians stay mobile, safe and protected. CAA South Central Ontario is one of nine auto clubs across Canada providing roadside assistance, travel, insurance services and member savings for our 2 million members.
SOURCE CAA South Central Ontario