By Eric Zimmer | Daily Hive
Got an older Honda Civic currently sitting in your driveway?
You might want to double check.
The Vancouver Police released their list of the top 10 most stolen cars in Vancouver, and not only is the Honda Civic a popular car to own, it’s the most popular one to steal.
Other popular choices for car thieves include Ford F-150s, Toyota Camrys, and Jeep Cherokees.
Top 10 stolen vehicles in Vancouver
- Honda Civic (pre-2000)
- Ford F-150 (pre-1999) and Ford F-250 trucks (pre-2007)
- Honda Accord (pre-1998)
- Dodge/Plymouth Chrysler minivan (1991-2000)
- Jeep Cherokee (1993 to 1999)
- Ford Econoline van (2000 to 2007)
- Toyota Corolla (1990 to 2004)
- Chevrolet/GMC Silverado/ Sierra Trucks (1992 to 2006)
- Acura Integra (1990 to 2001)
- Toyota Camry / Solara (1989 to 1999)
If your car made the list, but anti-theft devices cost more than your ride, the VPD may have a solution for you.
The detachment is giving away wheel locks at four different locations while supplies last.
Get your own Plymouth (or whatever thief-prone vehicle you own) protector at these community police centres:
- Collingwood – 5160 Joyce Street, Vancouver
- Hastings Sunrise CPC – 2620 East Hastings Street, Vancouver
- Kerrisdale Oakridge Marpole – 6070 E. Boulevard, Vancouver
- Granville Downtown– 1263 Granville Street, Vancouver
Source: Dally Hive