We are looking for a Learning Management System (LMS) professional to help our team oversee and maintain our server infrastructure and proprietary LMS system. This person will develop provided LMS content and create traditional PHP/Java based web services to implement into our global LMS strategy. The Learning Management Specialist shall provide technical best practices and recommendations to programmers and instructional designers for loading content onto the Learning Management Systems and will provide production and development support as a key member of the IT team.
Candidate must be a quick learner and be able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, self-starting team player.
- Microsoft SQL or MySQL Database knowledge required
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent Problem-solving skills, analytical and organizational skills and demonstrates close attention to detail
- Troubleshooting online course content and various LMS related issues
- Upgrade existing applications for efficiency and usability with new modifications
- Publish new courses and updating existing course content
- Build/upgrade Web applications according to client needs
- Design and implement web-specific applications/tools for LMS administration
- Document procedures, technical instructions and business knowledge
- Troubleshoot WordPress related issues
- Run custom database queries according to client needs using standard SQL tools
- Manage Windows Server applications and troubleshoot same
- Maintain employee email management via Microsoft Exchange Server
- Troubleshoot any network related issues both internally and externally
- Experience with various programming languages
- LMS Proficiency
- Understanding of Software developing life cycles (SDLC)
- Strong understanding of programming logic/workflow, and data population
- Experience in data analysis, SQL, and object-oriented programming languages
- Full Stack, Object-Oriented, API experience, etc., not required but strong plus
ILS Corp is an industry leader in Canada providing internet based insurance training. Building on more than two decades of live insurance training, in 2000, ILS Corp went online with ilscorp.com and became the first independent organization to offer online continuing education and insurance licensing preparation training. In 2007, ILS Corp offered the first insurance education courses in a video-streaming format. Today, ILS Corp continues to be the insurance training course provider of choice for more than 21,000 Canadian insurance professionals.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise and our IT teams are extremely skilled at creating progressive solutions in an ever-changing field of online education.
Location: Comox, BC
Job type: Full Time
Wage: TBA – Based on experience
Work hours: 8:30 am to 5 pm – Monday to Friday with some after-hours support
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org