Looking for: Consultant, Risk Control – Calgary, Alberta – Aon Reed Stenhouse
Consultant, Risk Control
Aon Reed Stenhouse is the Canadian insurance brokerage and risk management arm of Aon Corporation. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the dynamic, fast-paced insurance industry. Our Canadian network of 26 offices works with teams around the world to deliver innovative and effective solutions to our clients.
Aon Reed Stenhouse has an exciting opportunity for a Risk Consultant in our Calgary Branch
Risk Control involves the methodical identification, evaluation, and mitigation of various risk factors (fire, natural hazard, liability, etc.) to reduce an organization’s potential to loss, and improve the overall cost of risk. Risk Control Consultants interact with clients, contractors, regulatory authorities and engineers on risk control matters and are responsible for:
Distinctive Client Value
• Conducting facility risk control surveys
• Developing risk control management programs for prevention and improving premises or operations
• Developing client loss estimates (MFL/PML) on site specific and portfolio basis to assist with insurance program designs
• Carrying out new facility risk control project reviews and providing related advice
• Conducting hazard identification and risk assessments at client sites
• Conducting incident investigations of client losses
• Developing and delivering hazard awareness and loss prevention training
Insurance Marketing Support:
• Preparing insurance underwriting information reports and plot plans
• Evaluating and responding to insurance company recommendations
Qualifications and Experience
• A strong technical background is required – preferably an engineering degree or equivalent. Lesser or alternative academic qualifications may be acceptable in conjunction with relevant experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this position.
• The person appointed will be a team player who can also work independently.
• The ability to be incisive in analyzing technical problems and delivering cost effective solutions is a key skill requirement
Other qualifications and experience that may be beneficial for this position include:
• Familiarity with, or working experience in the forestry industry
• Knowledge or working experience with workplace health and safety
• Knowledge or working experience with building construction and regulatory codes particularly those that relate to fire protection.
• Familiarity with general property and liability insurance (including any relevant professional designations such as CAIB, CRM, CIP).
• Commitment to continuous learning & professional development
Awaiting you in our downtown Calgary office will be a comprehensive compensation package including a base salary, car allowance, bonus for meeting team professional sales/service targets and an extensive benefits package. Aon promotes ongoing training and professional development and offers unlimited career advancement opportunities.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon’s professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development & apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risk, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Company contact to send resumes: Please apply to our website at www.aon.com/careers