Start your engines! The Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation (OTMPC) is launching its spring/summer campaign with a new magazine, Ontario’s Best Road Trips, featuring hundreds of vacation ideas to help travellers plan their perfect Ontario summer adventure.
The 2016 campaign centres on a classic family experience – the road trip. Whether it’s is a leisurely ride along an amazing coastline, lying on a soft sandy beach, or taking a grand tour, the Ontario’s Best Road Trips magazine offers an Ontario adventure for everyone.
Travellers can simply pack their bags and set out to enjoy one of the eight itineraries featured in the magazine, part of the 16 Ontario road trip ‘Suggested Itineraries’ on www.ontariotravel.net, or they can create their own unique signature getaway using the website’s Trip Planner tool. Travellers have the option of customizing their trip to include selected attractions, accommodations, events and packages, and personal points of interest. To make the journey even more memorable, travellers can listen to a summer playlist crowd-sourced from OTMPC fans’ favourite road trip music!
Tourism Week is taking place May 29 to June 4, and marks the kick-off of the 2016 summer tourism season in Ontario. Ontarians are invited to visit an Ontario Travel Information Centre (OTIC), speak to a travel information counsellor, and learn about the myriad of things to do and places to see in Ontario. Special regional events leading up to and during Tourism Week will showcase local tourism products, attractions and festivals, and are taking place at OTICs in Toronto at Union Station on May 27, St. Catharines on May 31,Windsor on June 1, Barrie on June 2, and Sault Ste. Marie on June 3. Throughout the week, all 11 OTICs will be hosting Open Houses.
“With summer just around the corner, this is the perfect time of year to get out and discover our province by hitting the road. I hope theOntario’s Best Road Trips magazine inspires families to plan a vacation right here at home and experience all the natural beauty and exciting destinations that are right here in our own backyard.”
– Michael Coteau, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
“The Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation (OTMPC) is delighted to promote our Best Ontario Road Trips as the 2016 summer season begins. This year’s promotional campaign invites families, couples and friends to take one or more of 16 suggested road trips to experience the many adventures offered across the province. OTMPC is pleased to continue our partnerships with Ontariotourism operators – from the north to the southwest, in eastern Ontario and everywhere in between – to promote the best vacations inOntario.”
– Ronald Holgerson, President and CEO, Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation
“The Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO) is proud to support the OTMPC’s 2016 spring/summer campaign, Ontario’s Best Road Trips. Ontario boasts an extensive array of tourism products, and this season’s initiative gives tourism operators a great opportunity to showcase what makes our province a destination of choice.”
– Beth Potter, President and CEO, Tourism Industry Association of Ontario
- Tourism is an important economic driver. 2012 figures indicate that tourism supported over 359,400 jobs and generated $28 billionfor Ontario’s economy.
- There are 13 Ontario Regional Tourism Organizations across Ontario that support tourism product development and marketing ofOntario’s tourism industry.
- Visitors are encouraged to share their Ontario tourism experience using #DiscoverON.
- Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation is an agency of the Government of Ontario with a vision to position Ontario as a preferred global destination.
- View the Ontario’s Best Road Trips magazine online.
- Visit one of Ontario’s 11 Ontario Travel Information Centres.
- Learn more about OTMPC, its programs and partnership opportunities.
- Discover more about Ontario activities and destinations.
If you do not wish to receive electronic messages regarding OTMPC news, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “unsubscribe”.
SOURCE Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation