Follow Us on Twitter Follow Us on YouTube Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+

Category: Home Insurance

Virtual Classrooms

Homeowners Insurance Won’t Pay For Bed Bugs

Bed bugs are found almost anywhere people sleep — homes, hotels, motels and college dorms. Your challenge as a homeowner is that your insurance doesn’t cover the damage done by bed bugs, or any destructive insect.


Hello roommates, goodbye tenant insurance: Vancouver rental woes

Roommates Addison Boyer, 26, and Hiran Perera, 28, in front of their home near Commercial-Broadway. They moved in with two other roommates to save cash, but now they can’t buy tenant insurance because the risk is apparently too high.


Former CMHC competitor petitions for mortage insurance fees to drop

“Insurance is all about risk and losses. If you’ve changed your risk and underwriting criteria and made it tighter, you’ll have lower loan losses.”


No insurance for vandalized cottage

Insurance does not cover vandalism.


Electrical, kitchen fires top causes of property fires in Canada

Data from Allstate Canada finds kitchen fires in Quebec accounted for 35 percent of insurer’s kitchen fire claims


Fire Prevention Week: October 6th – October 12th This year’s theme – “Prevent Kitchen Fires”

“Prevent Kitchen Fires” – that’s the message of this year’s Fire Prevention Week. Did You Know: Cooking oil and grease fires are a major cause of residential fires in Canada


Insurance agents who only focus on homeowners insurance customers are missing a golden opportunity

Homeowners insurers in recent years have done a better job portraying coverage as a value sale, evidenced by increases in consumer satisfaction with policy offerings, according to an insurance expert with J.D. Power & Associates


On 10th anniversary of Hurricane Juan IBC urges Canadians to prepare for severe weather

This month marks the 10th anniversary since Hurricane Juan hit Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island on September 28, 2003. To mark this event, Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) reminds Canadians of the importance of taking preventive measures aimed at minimizing the impact of natural disasters.


Flood insurance not possible without new maps, insurers say

unanimously agreed Canada will see more such disasters due to intense rains caused by climate change, making comprehensive flood insurance unavailable to homeowners.


Why condo owners need household insurance

Some condo buyers think they don’t need household insurance, because it is covered by their common expense payment each month.


Manitoba government eyes deal on tenant insurance for public housing

The Manitoba government is working on a deal to make it easier for people in public housing to get tenant insurance.


Keeping your home safe over the September long weekend

“Burglars target unoccupied homes that provide easy access to the house and low visibility,” says Patricia Stirling, BCAA director of Insurance Underwriting. “These conditions are most common during the summer vacation period making many homes easy targets for thieves.”


What your home insurance won’t cover

Sellers are better off disclosing any damage to their home; buyers — talk to the neighbours before you commit.


Preliminary insured losses released in the most expensive natural disaster in Ontario history

Preliminary insured losses released in the most expensive natural disaster in Ontario history.


Intact Financial boosting home insurance premiums this fall due to weather

Some Canadians may be paying higher premiums for their home insurance starting this fall.


What to Do If You Think You are a Victim of a Scam or Fraud

If you suspect that you may be a victim or target of a scam or fraud, you are not alone and you can help put an end to the scam or fraud by reporting it.


Unusual Claim of the week: It was the Maid in the Library with a Paintbrush

One policyholder was convinced that her housekeeper had damaged a 12-piece collection of paintings by a very prominent artist.


Warning Notice – Unlicensed Insurance Activity

FSCO has been informed that a company or individual identifying themselves as “Sentel Insurance” has been placing phone calls to regulations(RBC) clients. The calls come from the phone number 587-880-4306, and ask for the recipient’s personal information for the purposes of offering identity theft protection insurance on behalf of RBC.


Hot, dry weather sparks a reminder to ready homes for fire season

“By working with our policy holders and taking a close look at the damage to their homes, we’ve learned more about what can make a property vulnerable to damage caused by a wildfire. That’s why we encourage homeowners to take the time now, to practice good fire prevention measures.”

Page 2 of 712345...Last »