Online insurance quote provider Kanetix.ca’s quarterly review of auto insurance rates in Ontario, Quebec and Alberta found rates dropped in all three when compared to the first quarter of 2011.
Ontario saw the largest change with a 3.6 percent decrease in rates, followed by Quebec (1.6 percent), and Alberta (1.3 percent).
Kanetix said that many consumers in Ontario, Quebec, and Alberta are also taking advantage of discounts, which could help them find a lower rate.
- Winter tire discount: 6 per cent growth in those who indicated they changed their tires seasonally
- Multi-line discount: 20 per cent growth in shoppers who indicated a willingness to bundle their auto and home insurance
- Roadside assistance discount: 16 per cent growth in motorists who indicated they’re a member of a roadside assistance program
- Multi-line discount: 7 per cent growth
- Winter tire discount: 13 per cent growth
- Multi-line discount: 9 per cent growth